Monday, August 11, 2014

Steady As She Goes

Hello Everyone!!

Sorry I haven't posted in awhile, I've been getting my life in order. I was going to post a July favorites video, but as I'm writing it's almost August 11th, which seems a bit late for a favorites video. If you would like me to still make that video then let me know. 

I've decided that I don't like posting one long blog a week, it just seems too far in between posts, so instead I'm going to write smaller posts more frequently and see how that suits me. Also, videos take quite a lot of time and effort to put together and with the school year about to start I don't know how much extra time and effort I'll have for videos, but I'm going to do my best to get one up maybe once a week or every two weeks. We'll see what happens.

Now then, since I last wrote some very exciting things have happened. Mainly, I got a job at my university. I start training tomorrow and I'm so very excited! Hopefully it's as good in actuality as I think it will be. 

Another (somewhat) exciting happening is that I have started walking everyday. I walk for an hour which ends up being roughly three miles depending on the route I take. You might think I would try running or walking faster, but really my walks are meant to be leisurely and a chance to get away from electronics, which I seem to constantly use. The only exception is my phone, which I take to listen to music and track how far I've walked with the MapMyFitness app. I might start power walking or jogging if I get bored of my leisurely walks, but for now I'm happy to just stroll along.

Now, what is a blog post without some pictures? Here are a few from my walks.








I really love these ducks, mostly because they're as close as I can get to a cuddly animal at the moment. Unfortunately my fish aren't cuddly and my apartment isn't nearly big enough, nor do I have the money, to afford a dog or cat. I just have to settle with looking at ducks for now.


In this last picture I realize it's quite difficult to see, but that is a dog chasing a moose. 
A couple of girls were walking their dogs when they came upon this moose and one of their dogs ran off after the moose, which caused us all to try to get the dog back for twenty minutes. For those of you who don't know moose can be quite dangerous, especially when threatened or provoked. This moose also happened to have a baby in some nearby bushes, which is one of the main reasons it took so long to get the dog back. We didn't want to risk the mama moose coming after us, so we had to wait awhile for the moose to move on to retrieve the dog. Everything ended well though. The dog was put inside the girls' car without injury and as far as we could tell the moose and baby were frightened and annoyed, but unharmed. 

Hopefully you are all doing well and don't have any potentially dangerous moose run-ins. 

Until next time,

Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment