Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Adventures in Girdwood, Alaska!

Hello Everyone!!

Wow, it's been about a month since I've posted anything! Sorry! Shame on me, I know. For those of you who haven't already seen it, I posted a vlog a couple days ago over on my YouTube channel. I'll link it here if you would like to watch it.


So, about a month ago I went down to Girdwood, Alaska with my sister and her best friend. Here are some pictures from the road trip down and what we got up to once we were there.




Above is the Alyeska Resort and Hotel which is essentially where we went. We didn't stay at the hotel however, we just took the tram up the mountain and did a bit of hiking.



View from the (almost) top. My sister's friend and I were both worn out quickly because the hiking was so steep. My sister continued on like a champ even after her friend and I decided to stay put. Then we left Alyeska to go down the highway to the Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center. There we were able to see elk, moose, black bears, brown bears, bison, a fox and many more animals!


Elk


Baby moose and a bull moose.


A couple of black bears eating their lunch.


A brown bear also eating his lunch.


A whole bunch of bison.


The cutest fox I've ever seen.

It was so much fun taking this little day trip with my sister and her best friend. I absolutely loved the views and the animals, even though the bit of hiking proved just how out of shape I am. I hope you all liked seeing the pictures of my adventure.

Until next time,

Lauren

1 comment:

  1. I love your VLOG & that fox is so cute, oh my! This was such a lovely post to read x

    Sunaina ❃

    ReplyDelete