Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Fancy

Hello Everyone!!

Today I have my June Favorites video for you! If you want more information on anything I did put links for almost everything in the description box. If you want to see some extra dorkiness then make sure to watch the ending. Here is the link if the video doesn't work: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mcNHgXbSVU


Also, I have finished another DIY project which I am quite happy with. These are just some canvases that I've painted over with spray and acrylic paint and then taped a chevron-like pattern on so that when I spray painted the entire thing it ended up looking really cool. Here is the order of how making them should look.

Paint with spray and acrylic paints until you like the way your canvas looks.


Use painters tape or masking tape to create a chevron-like pattern, or any pattern you like.


At this point you will spray the entire canvas with spray paint, I just forgot to take a picture of this step.

And here are the finished results!



To make these all you need is canvas, acrylic paints, metallic spray paint, a plastic sheet so you don't get spray paint everywhere, disposable gloves, and blue painters tape. You might also want to get a face mask as the spray paint is quite smelly and could give you a headache. I also strongly recommend that you do all of the spray painting outside. I sprayed a little inside and the chemical smell spread throughout my house, and even when I sprayed just outside my apartment the smell still came in through the window.


I hope you all liked this post and if you make any of your own DIY projects then let me know! I would love to see them. :)

Until next time,

Lauren

5 comments:

  1. Lovely post,dear!
    Keep in touch xx
    Antonella

    ReplyDelete
  2. That DIY project is really pretty! I have a ton of canvas so I should definitely try it.

    Christina
    http://kissesandflowers.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah you definitely should, it's really easy, you just need patience for placing the tape right on the canvas. :)

      Delete
  3. I love those canvases what a great idea I love the pattern and colours you have used! Also a great favourites I love the sound of the Revlon matte balms!
    Em x
    Emparkerblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love the Revlon matte balms, they go on smooth and stay on really well. :)

      Delete