Saturday, July 5, 2014

Stay Beautiful


Hello Everyone!!

As promised, I have uploaded a video to my YouTube channel about my eyesight and my glasses. This video was requested by subscriber Lean OnMe and asks basic questions about my vision and what it is like to see with and without my glasses. Here is the link if the video doesn't work: http://youtu.be/RSuZZkMR9Cc



Also, since yesterday was the Fourth of July, I went out and about with my boyfriend to enjoy the festivities. On the night of July 3rd we drove out to Eagle River, Alaska to watch the fireworks there, however I didn't bother to take any pictures or video because I was not impressed with their display. Maybe I'm just too used to watching the fireworks back in Juneau, but seeing the fireworks here just didn't even compare to the Juneau fireworks for me. 

Then, yesterday we drove into downtown Anchorage to watch the Fourth of July Parade in Delaney Park. I really enjoyed the parade and the fair-like atmosphere of the park, though I was a little disappointed that the floats and people in the parade didn't throw candy out to the kids watching the parade. Do Fourth of July parades normally not throw out candy to the people watching the parade? Is Juneau really the only place where that happens? In any case, here are some photos of the parade.


Above is Star the Reindeer.





There were also pony rides, games, various activities and food stands set up in the park.






Rico and I bought a delicious funnel cake to share and then headed off to walk around downtown.


Afterwards we took a look around the Fifth Avenue Mall and I'm so excited that we're getting a Lush store there. I already know that I'm going to spend entirely too much time and money there. We ended up having lunch at the mall and took advantage of some of the holiday sales before we headed home.

It was such a lovely day and I'm already excited for the next Fourth of July. How did you spend your Fourth of July holiday? For those of you who aren't from the United States, do you have any holidays coming up that you're looking forward to?

I hope you're all having a wonderful week and I'll be back in a couple days with either a new video or blog post on my June favorites.

Until next time,

Lauren

5 comments:

  1. looks like a good day!
    http://louiselovesbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like such a great day and I love your video! I wear glasses too (occasionally though!). So glad I found your blog :D

    www.lalalsunainablogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish I lived in America to celebrate 4th of July :) It looks like you had tons of fun!

    Mary

    P.S. If you want to, check out my blog http://www.crazyinlife1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post and video :) I have had so much trouble with my eyes lately and just got glasses to help reduce the strain especially when reading and using the PC :) xx

    www.krystelcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful post,dear!
    Keep in touch xoxo
    antonella:)

    ReplyDelete