Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Beauty of Uncertainty

Hello Everyone!!

Once again I've been on quite the DIY roll. This past week I was watching Jim Chapman on YouTube and saw his #DIYwithJim video where he showed viewers how to transfer personal pictures onto canvases. I loved this idea so much that I decided to try it for myself! The first couple I tried didn't turn out as well as I hoped they would, but as I made more they turned out better and better. I think these would make great gifts for anyone, all you need is gloss medium, a paint brush, canvas and a printed picture that you or someone you know would like to have in their living room, office, bedroom or wherever! Just remember to be patient and don't get discouraged if your first ones don't turn out exactly how you hoped they would. Here is the video from Jim Chapman's channel where I learned how to make these. Here is the link if the video doesn't work: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUaR1aboRoU 


Here are all of my pictures that I made.






I love the last few that I made and I'm planning on making more. With the first couple that didn't turn out so well I'm going to reuse the canvases on a different DIY that involves using paint and tape to make a chevron pattern. 

This week I also decided to make make-up brush, eyeliner, and q-tip containers. I will admit that I spent an entire evening, about 4-6 hours, just tying the bows to my satisfaction. Personally, I love the way they turned out and if I find anything else I need containers for then I will definitely make more.



Pictured below is everything I used to decorate the jars. I bought all of the jars and ribbons from Michael's and I used the wide black ribbon to make the bows, and the cream, tiffany blue and thin black ribbons are all wrapped around the bases. The knitting needle I used to aid me in tying the bows, the scissors of course were used to cut the ribbons and the lighter was used to burn the edges of the ribbons to prevent any fraying in the future. I hot glued all of the ribbons onto the glass jars and then filled two of the jars with blue and silver spring filler that I bought from Michael's to help my brushes and eyeliners stand up. 


I hope you all liked this post and are having a good week so far. I'm excited to do more DIY projects and in a couple days I'll be uploading a video about my eyesight and glasses that a viewer requested. If you have any video requests please leave them in the comments or message me on YouTube. :)

Until next time,

Lauren

1 comment:

  1. Great post,dear!
    Keep in touch xoxo
    Antonella <3

    ReplyDelete