Friday, June 27, 2014

A Good Day

Hello Everyone!!

This past week I haven't been up to much, mostly because I had horrible migraines for a few full days. Even with my migraines I was able to film a couple videos for my YouTube channel, though I didn't realize how poor the camera quality on my laptop is. I've uploaded one of the videos, but I don't know that I will upload the other one I filmed. The video I uploaded is an About Me Tag video with 25 random questions. Here is the video if you would like to watch it and the link if the video doesn't work.

http://youtu.be/UzZ8gAg5Les


Also, I've been quite crafty this past week and finally made the DIY project I mentioned in one of my first posts. It's an empty glass candle jar with cut up CD bits and pieces hot glued onto it and plaster in between the cracks. It ended up a bit messier than I would have liked, but the jar itself is growing on me and I'm thinking that I might put cotton balls in it.


Keeping with the crafting theme, I've been working on knitting a scarf that I started back in January. I quite like the diamond seed pattern, though I do have to concentrate a bit more on what I'm doing than if I were doing a plain stitch. I don't know why the scarf photographed with some sort of red spot in the center, but the yarn I am using is completely gray. 


And finally, probably the most exciting news I have is that my boyfriend and I bought two betta fish today! We weren't planning on buying any pets, but we went to Michaels today to get me some craft supplies and when we saw Petco next door we thought we'd pop in and just look at the animals. We ended up loving these two bettas and we happened to find a tank with a divider so they could stay in the same tank without fighting. 



On the left is the fish I picked, which is a dragon scaled betta, whom we've decided to name Samson, and on the right is a double tailed betta that Rico picked, whom we have named George. 

Now it's movie night and we're watching Thor: The Dark World and eating chicken and pork dumplings, yum!! I wish you all a wonderful weekend. :)

Until next time,

Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment