Tuesday, June 10, 2014

All Too Well

Hello Everyone!

Sorry I haven't written for about a week, as I mentioned previously my sister has come to stay and I've been busy going on all sorts of adventures with her. Today my sister is at work so I finally have time to write. Over the past week we have gone to target probably five times and we also went to see X-Men: Days of Future Past with my boyfriend, and Maleficent just a couple days later! I absolutely loved X-Men, it was full of action, though there was quite a bit of violence which I'm not such a fan of. Maleficent was also a good movie, a little strange at times, but good. 

A few days ago we went to a park in Anchorage called Westchester Lagoon. By the name you would think it would be some tropical paradise in the middle of Alaska where you could swim and sunbathe to your heart's content. That is not the case, though there was plenty of sun that day. It ended up being a normal park with what appeared to be a rather large lake in the middle, so my question is, what makes it a lagoon? What traits are necessary for a body of water to be considered a lagoon? 

In any case, we went for a walk along one of the trails at the park which a map said was one and a half miles one way. That's not a whole lot, but I really wasn't expecting to go on a three mile walk that day and I was wearing slippers, also known as flip flops or thongs depending on where in the world you're from, which do not make the best walking shoes when they're old and worn out. I didn't think to take pictures for my blog until we were leaving, but here are the few I did take.

Here are some ducklings following their mama around.


And here's some pictures of the beautiful day.




Here I am taking a selfie. I think the woman behind me with the stroller really makes this picture authentic since I didn't realize she was there until later on. 


And just before we left I got a picture of this picnic area that I thought was pretty.


Now my sister and I should know better since we grew up in Alaska, but we decided that since the day had been so pretty we would drive to Girdwood, Alaska the next day. The next day however, in true Alaska fashion, was not nearly so pretty and it started to rain as we drove into Girdwood. We ended up just driving around the town and looked at the Alyeska Hotel, which is so large it looked like it should be a castle. We ate at a restaurant called Chair 5, where I had a mandarin teriyaki chicken salad and my sister had a burger and fries. I was planning on taking pictures of the food, but the foodie in me took over and started eating before it occurred to me that I hadn't gotten a picture. Here are some pictures from our drive down the Scenic Byway. 



And here's a shot of me at one of the lookouts along the road.


I'm wearing Denizen jeans from Target, a sweater from Old Navy, a camisole from H & M and my slippers I mentioned before are Reef from Macy's. I love Reef slippers because they're so comfortable and don't give me blisters, but I really don't recommend them for walking long distances. Denizen jeans are also one of my favorite clothing items because they aren't stiff like other jeans and they are able to fit my curvy body which I often find difficult to dress. 

This has been quite a long post, if you're still with me kudos to you. Let me know if you like seeing pictures from my life and Alaska and if you do then I'll try to do more posts like this one. I hope you're all having a lovely day.

Until next time,

Lauren

P.S. - The title is All Too Well by Taylor Swift because that's my sister's favorite song at the moment and we listened to it on our drive.

2 comments:

  1. Alaska looks beautiful. I also thought the X-Men movie was pretty good, I'll have to check out Maleficent :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! It's a pretty good movie if you don't mind a twist on a classic fairytale. :)

      Delete