Sunday, May 18, 2014

Summertime Sadness

So...it's officially summer and I've found myself doing nothing but sitting at home watching YouTube videos. Not that I have a problem with YouTube videos, but I'm running out of available internet connection so I need to start some projects that don't involve the internet. Of course this blog is the exception as it doesn't use up that much of my available usage. I do have a job three days a week, which is lucky since I hate my job, but it's also unlucky because I don't make enough money at that job so I'm on the hunt for a new job that will hopefully be more than just three days a week and will pay the bills.

I'm sure you're all thinking that there's tons of things I could do besides watch YouTube videos, and you're completely right, I'm just at the stage where I feel like I'm glued to my laptop and TV and I need to break the habit. Obviously I'm off to a great start. I keep staring out the window at the sun in the trees and thinking I'll go for a walk, but when it comes down to getting my ass off the couch I'm too lazy. I have a problem. I think my goal over the next couple days is to actually get up and go outside, we'll see if that actually happens though.

I do also have some other projects I started and never finished, like a scarf I started knitting in December and a DIY mirrored type of holder that I'm eventually going to put either toothbrushes or cotton balls in that I started back in September I think. And of course there are many books that I've been meaning to read, but just haven't bothered starting. I think technology has taken over my life. I'm literally sitting here with my laptop, my iPhone, my iPad and my TV and now I'm mostly just wasting time until the new episode of Game of Thrones starts.

I kind of wish I was born before all of this modern technology, maybe in the 1800's, so I could just sit and read or garden or sew or whatever people did in the 1800's and not feel the need to check Facebook or YouTube whenever I'm bored. At the same time I wish I had my own house rather than an apartment so I could have a garden filled with all kinds of beautiful flowers and herbs and I could sit in my garden with a cup of tea and read in the sunshine. Doesn't that sound like a dream?

Well I suppose that's all for today, hopefully my next blog will be cheerier and I won't be complaining so much. Let me know if you have any ideas of things I could do or what you've been up to in the comments and I'll see if I can't get my lazy self going.

Until next time,

Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment